STEPS TO BUYING A PROPERTY
Buying a property is a big decision whether it is your first home or your tenth investment property.
At Dawn Properties we understand the emotional and financial investment involved and are committed to supporting you through every step of your real estate journey.
Consistent with that commitment we have included a few helpful hints below to get you started.
- If possible get your finance pre-approved – you are in a much stronger bargaining position when negotiating a purchase if you already have your finance approved.
- Know your market – do some basic research on the area you are interested in to get a feel for the prices relative to the style of property you are looking for and the services you want nearby (schools, shops, transport etc).
- Visit some open house inspections in the area you are interested in – even if the property does not tick all your boxes you will get a better feel for what’s available in your price range.
- When you do find the right property, clarify what inclusions and fixtures (In general terms, fixtures are defined as anything on the property that is ‘screwed in’, ‘glued in’, ‘nailed in’, ‘bolted in’, or ‘plumbed in’ to the structures of the property)., terms of sale, any special conditions.
- Decide on a price and make an offer in writing – it shows that you are a serious buyer!
- Negotiate – very few sales are made without a negotiation so don’t be disappointed if your first offer is rejected. Be prepared to negotiate and remember to prioritise your finances over your heart…..as hard as that may be!
- When you have agreed on a purchase price you can begin arranging relevant inspections (building, pest etc.) or other conditions that need to be met before the sale can be finalised.
- Organise the conveyancing for your new purchase – once a contract becomes unconditional, this means that all clauses and conditions have been met and you are now proceeding to settlement.
- You have reached settlement – congratulations on your new property.